Bored on a Sunday afternoon? Feel like shopping local? Want to possibly run into a celebrity? Then look no further and visit the Melrose Trading Post in LA. Surrounded by unique shopping, hipster art walls perfect for Instagram, and popular LA restaurants is where you’ll find the cool kids version of a swap meet.
The Melrose Trading Post is located on Fairfax and Melrose, on the campus of Fairfax High School. It’s open every single Sunday from 9am-5pm (rain or shine) and the entrance fee is $3 per person. Parking is limited to the surrounding neighborhood and it’s usually pretty full. I would recommend using their valet service for $5 to avoid stalking the people leaving until you take their spot. But please make sure you take all your valuables with you since the valet does not park your car on the campus. Most of the vendors accept cards but if you’d like to pay with cash there’s an ATM at the entrance.
What You Can Expect To Find at the Melrose Trading Post:
- Denim on denim on denim! There are no shortages of denim jeans, denim shorts, denim vests, and denim accessories at this market
- Really cool vintage and modern furniture pieces
- Innovative and unconventional decor
- Sunglasses everywhere!
- Handcrafted artisan goods
- One of a kind treasures
Reasons To Check Out the Melrose Trading Post:
- It’s a great way to kill a couple of hours, especially on a beautiful LA day
- They have a pretty good selection of food vendors
- There are tons of places for photo-op opportunities
- If you walk down Melrose you’ll find a bunch of cool new places to shop and popular places to eat
- It’s known place celebrities frequent
- It gets you out of the house and somewhere new
- You can find a lot of fashion inspiration from the vendors and the customers
- Shopping here is a great way to support small businesses and local artists
Thanks for exploring something new with me. Until next time!